Tonight at their regular meeting, the GUSD Board of Trustees voted to approve the employment Carol Boyan-Held as the new Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services.
Boyan-Held was the top candidate out of a large and highly competitive group of applicants for the position created with the retirement of Elizabeth DeVita, who has provided exceptional leadership of the District’s Instructional Services since July 2009.
Boyan-Held is currently employed with the Conejo Valley Unified School District as the Director of Elementary Education. She will begin formal employment with the District on July 1, 2014. Her professional experience is extensive and well-aligned to the ongoing work of providing leadership for the current GUSD initiatives in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Boyan-Held has leadership experience in areas including:
- Elementary, preschool, childcare programs
- Principal coaching and evaluation
- Staff development
- Program Improvement administration
- Curriculum adoption
- Assessment systems and centralized data systems
- CELDT and STAR Testing
- School Accountability Report Cards
- Educational Technology and Informational Systems
- Categorical Programs
She brings 13 years of District Office experience including:
- Director of Elementary Education
- Director of Curriculum and Assessment
- Small District Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
- Director of Instructional Services
Boyan-Held has served as a principal, assistant principal, and teacher, comes to us with stellar recommendations and experience closely aligned with the goals of our Strategic Plan, LCAP, and visions for exemplary student achievement in our District. We’re excited to have her join our team!